About the 2016 IIWF Legislative Public Policy Agenda
Despite an improving economy, low- to moderate-income Hoosiers still face substantial challenges to their ability to achieve and maintain economic self-sufficiency.
Policymakers have the ability to address these challenges and restore opportunity to hard-working Hoosier families by providing them with a toolbox of reforms that restore the promise of economic mobility.
This toolbox should:
- reward hard-working Hoosiers by ensuring they share in economic growth
- strengthen work-support programs for our most vulnerable citizens
- equip all Hoosiers with the opportunity to obtain the skills necessary in order to attract high-paying, quality jobs that are necessary for a family’s economic self-sufficiency.
All policy recommendations on the 2016 Policy Agenda are based on the culmination of the Institute’s analysis of research, data and national best practice models.
Read the agenda
- Full text: Indiana Institute for Working Families' 2016 Legislative Public Policy Agenda (PDF, 153 KB)
- Infographic: 6 Legislative Policy Tools that Can Restore Economic Opportunity for Hard-working Hoosiers in 2016 (PDF, 5 MB)